After the hair transplantation operation, we have prepared as a special information list for you what you expect, what you will feel and what you will experience in the coming days.
After Operation and First Night
- After the end of the hair transplant operation, bandage will be applied to the donor area where the hair follicles are taken.
- To prevent swelling, a forehead band will be worn.
- You will be informed about your first night.
- The next day you will be informed about the first wash.
- You will be informed about the necessary ice treatment and the medications you need to take for the first night and the following days.
It is possible and normal to experience the following conditions after hair transplantation. You will be informed about these issues in detail after the operation.
Swelling: A few days after the operation, a swelling of the face and mostly around the eyes may occur rarely. In this case it is best to put some ice on the swelling area. No special medication is required. The swelling disappears spontaneously after 5 days.
Itching: Itching is a symptom of healing and it is completely normal to feel this feeling 2-3 days after the operation. Do not scratch or nail the cultivated area. Itching may continue for several days.
Burning sensation: Burning sensation may occur 4 days after October, especially in the donor area. In this case, it is recommended that you only apply the moisturizing lotion three or four times a day to your donor site and wait for it to be absorbed.
Things to Consider After Hair Transplantation
Following the following warnings will accelerate your healing process. In addition, adherence to these warnings will have a positive effect on the operation results.
1. ALCOHOL should not be taken within 3 (three) days after the operation.
2. It should be remembered that smoking can adversely affect the growth of the transplanted hair.
3. Ice Application: It is very important to use it on the day of operation and the next two days to prevent edema that may occur after the operation and to prevent the edema from spreading to the face and eye area. After the operation, you will have a bandage and a bandage that will be opened the next day. Ice application will be applied to the forehead gap between this bandage and the planting area. Do not apply ice to the sowing area and eyelid. First, apply the ice by placing it between a thin cloth. Ice (in the form of a gel bag) should be cooled by placing it on the normal shelf of the refrigerator and not in the freezer. Otherwise, it may damage the skin and the hair planted on it. Gel gel (Coldbag), which is kept in the refrigerator for 1 hour, is applied to the forehead area between the bandage and the seeding area for 5 minutes, 5 minutes to the middle and 5 minutes to the left forehead. This application should be applied 2-3 times on the operation day and 6-7 times on the next 2 days. There is no use in applying more days. If edema has come down to your face and eye area despite all precautions and 3 days have passed since the operation, it is not beneficial to apply ice to these areas. On the contrary, these areas should be given plenty of massage and warm-warm dressing should be done. In exceptional cases, please contact your doctor. Edema formation does not have any side effects except swollen appearance on your face and disappears within 5-6 days. It also does not affect the success of the treatment.
4. Do not remove the bandage and bandage on your head until the next day you come to the clinic. The next day will be removed by us when washing and the next 4-5 days will be used only rubber bandage. The rubber bandage will prevent edema from getting into your face and around the eyes and will provide you with ease of movement. 3. From the night, you can remove the bandage at night and put it on when you wake up in the morning. 5. At the end of the day, it should be completely removed.
5. The night of operation and the next 3 nights should be lying as supine as possible. These days, especially in the first 2-3 days of resting at home, should be resting on your back as much as possible outside your compulsory needs. Thus, drugs and liquids in the cultivated area will be displaced by the effect of gravity towards the back of your head and neck and the risk of edema on your face will be reduced. For the first day, some of these fluids will emerge from the microchannels where the roots are removed to the dressing. This is normal and should not be worried.
6. A lightly high pillow should be preferred on the night of operation. While lying on your back is our first choice, you can also lie on the right or left. Do not lie on your face. The travel pillow that compresses the neck must not be used.
7. Salt and spices should be partially restricted in the first days.
8. During Two Weeks: Pool, Sea, Bath and Sauna should not be entered.
9. If the sun is to be exposed for a long time during the first 2 months, a hat should be worn. Braided berets should be avoided until the shells are completely shed.
10. Motor helmets should not be used for 6 weeks.
11. Try not to bend down on the day of operation. Do not lift heavy objects off the ground. Sports and sex should not be done for 3 days. Pressure sports such as barbells should be postponed for 1 week. You should not hit or rub the cultivated area in any way. During the first 3 days of impact and rubbing, the grafts are dislocated and damaged. In the first 15 days, it should be very careful because it can be damaged even if it does not come off. 2 months should be protected from hard shocks, at least 6-7 months of shaving should not be shaved with the region, scissors should be used. Donor areas can be shaved by machine after 2-3 weeks.
12. The transplanted hair follicles shed their hair strands within 4-6 weeks due to reduced oxygen transport. 90% of the transplanted hair, even the whole can be shed. Don't worry, this is what we expect. After 3-3.5 months, new hair will start to grow and 70-80% of the hair planted at the end of 7 months will be released. It takes 10-11 months in the anterior and upper parts, 12-13 months in the vertex, and sometimes even up to 1.5 years. Do not expect your head to be filled with hair as all of your hair will not grow at the same time. The newly emerged hair usually begins to grow like a thin hair and lighter color, and within 6-8 weeks both become thicker and thicker and return to normal hair form. Your hair grows 1cm every month. Do not move your hands between your hair too much during the hair growth period and do not scratch your nails. Because you may experience a lot of acne and infection. If acne is very large, consult your doctor.
13. Hair dye should not be used for at least 6 weeks after the operation and chemical applications should be avoided.
14. Adhering to all these recommendations is very important to get the best results from hair transplantation.
Day After Day After Hair Transplant Operation.
Day one after hair transplantation
We will provide post-operational cleaning and PRP or Laser treatment at our clinic. After cleaning, your bandage will be removed.
Day three after hair transplantation
You should start post-op hair wash procedure; you might have the first hair wash in our clinic too.
We will recommend you a shampoo and a lotion and describe you how to wash your hair for the next 15 days. Washing will help remove the scabs and help with the healing process.
DAY 5-7 Days
5-7 days after hair transplantation
Transplanted grafts will become stronger, and they won’t fall by touching. You should avoid scratching. 4-5 days after the operation, hair in the transplanted area will start to fall down and this will continue for 2-3 months. After that, new permanent hair will start to grow.
15-30 days after hair transplantation
Your appearance will become regular in 2-3 weeks; people wouldn’t understand that you had a hair transplantation operation.
1-3 months after hair transplantation
Shock hair loss experienced in this period and then the transplanted hair starts to grow.
4-6 months after hair transplantation
In 4th month re-growth rate will increase and within the 6th month, you will see half of the result and recognize some obvious changing.
6-12 months after hair transplantation
Transplanted hair will continue to grow and become thicker.
12-18 months after hair transplantation
In 12-18 Months you will see the final result of your hair transplant operation. You will get the look of more intensive, longer and thick hair. The final result will appear 12 to 15 month after the operation on the front area and 18 to 20 months on the crown area.